- We have a set of your personal information
- Our use of your personal information
- Your use of your personal information and the information of other users
- Accessing, reviewing and modifying your personal information
- Third Party Website Links
- No spam or spoof email
- Protecting your personal information
- How to contact us with privacy questions
- We have a set of your personal information
As part of your registration or use of the Site, you will be asked to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, shipping address, email address and/or telephone number and other similar information as well as some additional information about you such as your date of birth or other identifying information.
Additionally, in order for us to verify your identity, we may need to ask you for valid proof of identity (eg in the form of a copy of your passport, visa, resident permit, national identity card and/or driver's license).
We will also need to collect certain financial information from you, such as your credit card and/or bank account details.
You will need to enter this financial information into the “My Account” section of the website.
We use this financial information for billing purposes and to fulfill your orders.
After you have registered on the Site, you must not post any personal information (including any financial information) anywhere on the Site other than the My Account section of the Site.
Restricting the posting of personal information to the “My Account” section of the Site protects you from the possibility of fraud or identity theft. Posting any personal information to you anywhere on the Site other than the “My Account” section of the Site may result in the suspension of your use of the Site.
We will collect transaction information based on your activities using the Site (such as buying and selling things).
Please note that we may use your Internet Protocol address (or IP number) (which is a unique number assigned to your computer server or your Internet service provider (or Internet service provider)) to analyze user trends and improve site management.
We may also collect information about your computer (for example, browser type) and navigation information (for example, the pages you visit on the Site) along with the times you access the Site.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information about your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey. We may also collect feedback ratings and other comments relating to your use of the Site. When we aggregate personal information for statistical purposes, such aggregate personal information must be anonymized.
Our use of your personal information
- We share customer information only as described below and with Amazon.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- We use your personal information to provide services and customer support to you; to measure and improve our services to you; to prevent illegal activities and enforce our user agreement with you (“User Agreement”); troubleshoot problems; Collecting fees Providing you with promotional emails and verifying information you provide to us with third parties. For example, we may share some of the personal information you provide to us with banks, credit card licensing, processing and verification services or with third parties for fraud screening purposes.
- Although we do our best to maintain your privacy, we may need to disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties where we are compelled to do so by a court order or similar legal process; where we are required to disclose your personal information to comply with the law; where we cooperate with an ongoing law enforcement investigation or when we have a good faith belief that disclosure of your personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate a possible violation of our User Agreement and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BooksMonster, our users, or others.
- This contact information will be the personal information you provided to us when you registered and, as a result, should always be kept up to date.
- In addition, information about the items you buy or sell will be displayed on the site. This information may include your user ID details, feedback ratings and relevant comments relating to your use of the Site. Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information to a third party with your express permission.
- By registering or using the Site, you give us your express consent to receive promotional emails about our Services and emails announcing changes to the Site and new features on the Site. If, at any time, you decide that you do not wish to receive any of these emails, you may opt out of receiving such emails by clicking on the link at the bottom of any of the emails or by going to the My Account section of the Site.
- In addition, we use the Comments you have provided about the Site for marketing purposes and by making such Comments you expressly consent to our use of such Comments for marketing purposes
Your use of your personal information and the information of other users.
Site members may need to share personal information (including financial information) with each other to complete transactions on the Site. You must respect, at all times, the privacy of other Site members.
We cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal information when you share personal information with other site members, so you should always research information about the privacy and security policies of any other site members you interact with before sharing any of your personal information with another site member.
You agree to use any personal information received from another site member in connection with a transaction on the site only in connection with that transaction and may not use information received from another site member for any other purposes (except with the express consent of the other site member).
You acknowledge and agree that you must use personal information received from another member of the Site in accordance with all applicable laws.
Accessing, reviewing and modifying your personal information
- You can access and review your personal information in the “My Account” section of the Site. If your personal information changes in any way or is incorrectly presented on the Site, you must promptly update or correct your personal information (as applicable) by accessing the “My Account” section of the Site, or alternatively, by contacting our Our customer support. The “Customer Support” link at the top of each website webpage contains the customer support email and phone details.
- Please note that we will retain your personal information during and after your use of the Site as required to comply with the law, for technical troubleshooting
Protecting your personal information
- By providing us with personal information, you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We take all necessary precautions to protect all of your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- All personal information is encrypted. However, the Internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal information.
- You must enter your username and password each time you want to access your account or make transactions on the Site.
- Choose your password carefully using special unique numbers and letters.
- Never share your username and password with anyone.
- If you are concerned that your username or password has been compromised, please contact our customer support team immediately and be sure to change your password by logging into the My Account section of the Site.
How to contact us with privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns about the collection and use of your personal information, please contact our customer support team.